Well, we still don't have our "special" stain. I stopped by the store in town today and they didn't get any in with their shipment this week. The manager said he could specifically order some with their next order, but I said I would try to find it somewhere else since we wanted to get this done as soon as possible.
I called the manufacturer to get details on the dealer in Williston (because when Nancy had called previously they had told her one was there) so that maybe Nancy's mom could bring it out when they come this weekend. Now they told me the only two dealers listed for North Dakota were in Bismarck and Fargo. So I called paint and lumber companies in Williston until I found one that was a dealer but only special ordered that particular brand of stain. Tomorrow I will call the store in Bismarck to go ahead and have them get some for us. The stain is made by Messmers and is the Navajo Red color. Apparently that color was not very popular so nobody around here stocks it. In fact the four gallons we picked up last Saturday were ready to be sent back to Messmers.
Stain like that is very expensive, $24 per gallon. So far we have used 21 gallons and need to get two more to finish.
Today was very warm, got up to 90 degrees I think. After work I watered some dry spots in the lawn and then went to work watering the garden. After a while I noticed that D was looking hot and red in the face, so I stopped watering so the kids could all play in the sprinklers. They had so much fun. When I had them in bed I went back out and finished with the garden.
The garden really grew since the last time I saw it two days ago. Pretty amazing.
I'm looking forward to this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment