Another gorgeous day today. Nice and cool. I wouldn't complain if the whole summer was this way. Of course, others complain that it is too cool and wish for hot weather. Worked in the garden again tonight. Our garden is over 2000 sq. ft., it is huge!
The husband of one of my wife's friends is close to taking a job in Arizona, but she and her daughter would probably stay here because she signed a teaching contract for next year. I would think she could get out of the contract, but what do I know. Anyway, she called Nancy today and was pretty emotional about it. I know in the past the marriage was kind of rocky, so I am sure something like this would certainly not help. Seems to me it would be best if the husband stayed in his present job. Best for his family anyway. His parents live in Las Vegas and her parents and sister live in North Dakota. I guess she has had to move often and quit her jobs when he has taken new jobs, so maybe this is kind of a stand for her to make - saying that this time I am not going to quit my job. Who knows, maybe she'll cave in and move with him. I don't know, it's not really for me to figure out. I am just happy my wife and I are on the same page and, barring unusual events, plan to stay here in Bismarck for the rest of our lives.
On the positive side, though, is the fact that I would probably put in for his job if he left. Just one more opportunity for me to screw up a job interview, right? My wife hates it when I talk like that.
Well, that is all folks. Another exciting day in The Life of Bruce.

No comments:
Post a Comment