Monday, June 28, 2004

Form a line to the left

I am just tired. Don't get enough sleep. The obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) doesn't help, though.

It is quite a bit warmer today (we hit mid 80s) and is supposed to be this way all week. This is the first day we've used our air conditioning since the beginning of the month. Our neighbors have had their's on all month, even on the cooler days. They are on the west side of our duplex and take the brunt of the hot afternoon and evening sun.

I am tired of dreaming about finding a new job. I think I have been looking fervently for at least one and a half years. I've limited it to jobs in my field, which makes it a lot more difficult. We can't afford to take a pay cut and this limits it even more. I have faith that someday I will find that job that is just right for me.

I interviewed recently for a UPS driver job. That is a job I think I could like. Being outside, getting exercise, driving. Sounds good. Actually I would have made more money than I am now. They were looking for people with experience, though, and I have none, other than driving a grain truck on the farm.

Our dog poops a lot. Our backyard is starting to look like a barn yard. Need to clean that up. Me steppy in poopy.

Our big Independence Day thing is Sunday evening. We plan on having our friends Barb and Jason over with their two kids. In addition, Nancy's parents and brother will be here. I can't have any beer because I have to donate plasma the next morning. (Alcohol elevates a certain blood test. If it is too high, you end up permanantly deferred. We cannot afford that at this time.) There is usually a good fireworks display in our neighborhood, and we'll shoot some off too. Hard to believe how fast time flies, to be this time of the summer already.

No comments: